The Development Intelligence Unit (DIU) is a data, research, and capacity-building platform aimed at using data and evidence to support policy and implementation stakeholders in rural India. Launched by Transform Rural India Foundation (TRIF) and Sambodhi Research, DIU’s singular vision is to transform decision-making and narrative-building at the rural level using data and by building data capacity. Funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), DIU is a cutting-edge experiment to bring the conversation around data and advanced analytics to the rural development context in India. This is operationalized through a three-fold approach of building and compiling data repositories, delivering insights via advanced analytics and visualizations, and building data capacity at the rural grassroots. Serving as a clearinghouse of rural information under an accessible, usable, and equitable framework, DIU addresses the data needs of diverse rural stakeholders with the intent of furthering the field of rural analytics for policy, advocacy, and knowledge building.
About the position
DIU is seeking an accomplished and highly motivated Project Manager to carry out strategic and implementation functions. The Project Manager will work directly with the Project Lead and anchor operations and development-related functions. The role will also entail client engagement (policy, federal institutions, philanthropies, and other development actors) and the opportunity to help narrative building for data for development in the rural Indian context. We are seeking an innovative individual with a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively in multi-input development programmes.
The candidate will perform the following key functions:
- Working directly with Project Lead and DIU team on strategic, business operations, and development related activities
- Hypotheses, conceptualize and develop insights by using one or many data sets available in the public domain
- Carrying out project planning, design, and implementation under DIU activity workstream
- Lead client engagement during the entire project cycle.
- Coordinating together a diverse team of data, technology, and research professionals
- Engaging with external stakeholders and funders
- Maintaining documents, concept notes, and communication collateral
- Contributing to outreach and narrative-building activities by authoring articles, blogs, etc.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Collaborative Project Management, Project Planning, Project Implementation
Any graduation, and Any PG MSW Other, MBA/PGDM Other Management, MBA/PGDM Other, MSW
6 – 8 years
- Post-graduate degree in relevant Social Sciences field from premier University
- 6-8 years of experience working with policy, public system, data, and evidence
- Understanding of and exposure to various public intent data and data systems in the context of India
- High level of involvement, engagement, and ownership
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize