Based out of our India office, the Vice President will lead projects and teams engaged in livelihoods, agriculture, climate, and allied thematic areas. This role is expected to be at the cutting edge of contemporary M&E narrative with an excellent appreciation of client needs and expectations. The Vice President is expected to drive projects and ensure high-quality deliverables. While leading a team of high-performing colleagues, the Vice President is expected to play a key role in mentoring and supporting the team.
The candidate will perform the following key functions:
- Lead in the development of high-quality, compliant proposals. Conceptualize and implement a marketing/business strategy. This includes developing opportunities with new and existing clients, tracking upcoming RFPs, leading proposal development teams, networking, etc.
- Lead client engagement during the entire project cycle.
- Lead designing and contextualizing methods and practices in evaluation.
- Generate high-quality research findings in the form of reports, academic and working papers for internal and external dissemination.
- Providing technical expertise and mentoring support to the research team.
- Manage project implementation and ensure data quality with active involvement at every stage of research implementation.
- Assist and lead the project team in the development of reports, presentations, and other communication materials. This may include research, drafting, editing, data analysis, and presentation.
- Make and deliver presentations of reports/proposals to clients/potential clients.
- Liaison with partner organizations, consultants, vendors, and other relevant agencies.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Monitoring and evaluation, Applied Research
Education Doctorate/Advance Masters/Master’s in Social Sciences or related
disciplines from Premier Universities.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ work experience in Research and M&E.
- Experience in contemporary methodologies and practices, with hands-on experience in writing and publications.
- Experience of working in social and development research in the management of large-scale surveys is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding of various sectors in the social & development domain.
- Should have excellent understanding/ knowledge of the relevant policy landscape and regulatory environment.
- High level of involvement, engagement, and ownership.
- Flair for building quality relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated competence in handling teams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation ability.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Proven influencer and communicator with senior stakeholders within and outside the organization.