Sambodhi Research and Communications Private Limited is looking for a social research professional to manage research, monitoring, and evaluation projects across Agriculture, Livelihoods, Natural Resource Management, and Energy Sectors. You will be playing a key role in the implementation of these projects and be a part of the growing team of sector professionals in South Asia. Your work requires a strong research understanding, including research and evaluation designs and methodologies, interviewing techniques, and qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. You are expected to stay abreast of the global peer-reviewed literature and be knowledgeable about cutting-edge theories and methods of M&E.
The candidate will perform the following key functions:
- Business development through proposals and client engagement.
- Generate new ideas through a review of the natural resource, climate change, and livelihoods landscape.
- Design research, monitoring and evaluation assignments, and guide teams to ensure high-quality delivery.
- Ensure high-quality outputs and provide quality control over client deliverables by incorporating best practices.
- Develop knowledge artifacts (reports, whitepapers, presentations, publications) for dissemination within and outside the organization.
- Support programme stakeholders in interpreting and using evidence for decision-making (strategic advisory).
- Develop and mentor technical expertise and capacities of project teams to undertake monitoring, evaluation, and research activities.
- Play an active role in engagement (including technical assistance, capacity building, and policy dialogue) with senior government officials, partners, and other actors.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Strategic and operational experience in designing and executing monitoring and evaluation assignments.
Doctorate/Advance Masters/Master’s in Environmental Economics and/or Social Sciences
- 7-12 years of work experience in research, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E)
- Prior experience in working on policy, regulatory, and implementation issues in the natural resource management and/or climate change domains in non-profit, foundations, and/or consulting space.
- Knowledge and application of evaluation frameworks and methods.
- Knowledge and application of mixed-method (quantitative and qualitative) approaches to data collection and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding.
- High level of involvement, engagement, and ownership.
- Flair for building quality relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated competence in handling teams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation ability.
- Proven influencer and communicator with senior stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.