Sambodhi Research and Communications Private Limited is looking for a social research professional to lead our Livelihood & Climate Change practice area. The individual will anchor and be accountable for the overall success of the practice by driving thought leadership, client engagement, project design and execution, and strategic advisory. A key aspect of the role is to add to the repository of knowledge on Livelihood, natural resources, and climate change issues, through the dissemination of insights using both online and offline platforms.
The individual should have a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively on projects in the natural resource sustainability and livelihoods space. This includes inter alia projects in forestry, watershed management, climate change (clean energy solutions, vulnerability & adaptation), and sustainable agriculture. The candidate should preferably have strategic and operational experience in designing and executing monitoring and evaluation assignments in this space.
The candidate will perform the following key functions:
- Business development through proposals and client engagement.
- Generate new ideas through a review of the natural resource, climate change, and livelihoods landscape.
- Design research, monitoring, and evaluation assignments, and guide teams to ensure high-quality delivery.
- Ensure high-quality outputs and provide quality control over client deliverables by incorporating best practices.
- Develop knowledge artifacts (reports, whitepapers, presentations, publications) for dissemination within and outside the organization.
- Support program stakeholders in interpreting and using evidence for decision-making (strategic advisory).
- Develop and mentor the technical expertise and capacities of project teams to undertake monitoring, evaluation, and research activities.
- Play an active role in engagement (including technical assistance, capacity building, and policy dialogue) with senior government officials, partners, and other actors.
The above essential functions are representative of the major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Strategic and operational experience in designing and executing monitoring and evaluation assignments.
Doctorate/Advance Masters/Master’s in Environmental Economics and/or Social Sciences
- 7-12 years of work experience in research, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E)
- Prior experience in working on policy, regulatory, and implementation issues in the natural resource management and/or climate change domains in non-profit, foundations, and/or consulting space.
- Knowledge and application of evaluation frameworks and methods.
- Knowledge and application of mixed-method (quantitative and qualitative) approach to data collection and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding.
- High level of involvement, engagement, and ownership.
- Flair for building quality relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated competence in handling teams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation ability.
- Proven influencer and communicator with senior stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.