Sambodhi Research and Communications Private Limited is looking for an individual to lead our Education and skills practice area. The individual will anchor and be accountable for the overall success of the practice by driving thought leadership, client engagement, project design and execution, and strategic advisory.
The individual should have a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively on projects in Education, Skilling, and Entrepreneurship. A key aspect of the role is to contribute to projects at the intersections of Gender, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The individual should have experience in managing multidisciplinary teams in mixed methods evaluations for interventions made by a range of stakeholders such as philanthropies, multi/bilateral funding agencies and the state. The individual should also have experience in approach and method literacy of the evaluation workspace.
The candidate will perform the following key functions:
- Conceptualize, design, and deploy cutting-edge monitoring, learning, and evaluation practices across projects and proposals.
- Develop the capacity and technical expertise of project staff in the field and headquarters to undertake sound Monitoring, Evaluation, and research activities and to use data and findings for effective decision-making.
- Develop and mentor the technical expertise and knowledge of project teams to advance the program agenda.
- Provide mentoring and professional development support to junior and mid-level research staff.
- Contribute as a thought leader by designing and contextualizing new and innovative methods and practices in evaluation.
- Ensure high quality of project documents and provide quality control over client deliverables by incorporating global best practices.
- Support program stakeholders in interpreting findings, implementing recommendations, and helping troubleshoot as needed.
- Play an active role in engagement (including technical assistance, capacity building, and policy dialogue) with senior government officials, partners, and other actors.
The above essential functions are representative of the major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Quantitative Research, Qualitative Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Proposal Writing, End-to-End Project Management, and Team Management.
Doctorate/Advanced Masters/Master’s in relevant social sciences field from premier universities.
- 7-12 years of work experience in research, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E)
- Prior experience in working on policy, regulatory, and implementation issues in the Livelihood, Skills & Education domain in non-profit, foundations and/or consulting space
- Knowledge and application of evaluation frameworks and methods
- Knowledge and application of mixed-method (quantitative and qualitative) approach to data collection and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding
- High level of involvement, engagement, and ownership
- Flair for building quality relationships with clients
- Demonstrated competence in handling teams
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation ability
- Proven influencer and communicator with senior stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize