Why this training
There is greater need for organizations and government around the world to be more responsive to the demands of internal and external stakeholders for greater development effectiveness, and delivery of tangible results while maintaining transparency and accountability. As a result, development institutions today are far more cognizant of the need for objective planning, efficient implementation, and effective delivery of development outcomes. These advances have accentuated the need for responsive M&E systems to be instituted within organizations and projects. A well-designed and executed M&E system not only facilitates greater learning and reflection, but it also helps institutions in building greater ownership among all stakeholders by improving upstream and downstream communication.
The overall aims of the programme are to:
• Create appreciation of the art and science of M&E.
• Provide conceptual clarity to facilitate better understanding of M&E.
• Develop requisite skills to incorporate M&E in project design & develop M&E frameworks.
• Enhance knowledge and develop skills for design & implementation of project monitoring systems.
• Augment knowledge and skills for undertaking evaluation of development projects.